Resources & ToolsHere are links to some of my favorite resources and tools
Resources to Support You!
I only recommend resources that I have personally used and know offer value. Like many of you, supporting my family is my focal point in life – role-modeling integrity, character & trust, as we all live our best life! I want that for you too – more time with family, a happy life & a business that aligns with you & your values. These resources have proven to be integral for my online business needs.
That said, we engage in affiliate marketing whereby we receive funds through clicks to our affiliate program through this website or we receive funds through the sale of goods or services on or through this website.
This disclosure is intended to comply with the US Federal Trade Commission Rules on marketing and advertising, as well as any other legal requirements which may apply.
- My preferred domain registration and website hosting service. They provide outstanding customer service. The hosting plans offer a substantial reduced rate for the first 3 years; loyalty pays off! A trusted hosting service with fast, reliable services and responsive, helpful customer service for you; and a perk for me! You can even purchase your domain through them; it was simple and quick for me! Let me know if you need any help or have questions that I can support you to resolve; you may Contact Me here!
An email management service offering free services for up to 1000 subscribers. Paid services begin after that point. They offer full automation and features that allow for effective funnels. The user interface is simple, visual and they offer tutorials to support learning and using their service. I switched to Mailerlite in June 2019. I researched many services and decided Mailerlite was the best option for my needs.
Work in the cloud. No need to download an app. They offer a robust free version, and a paid Pro version. I use the Pro version as it has features like background removal, storage of my brand assets and designs, etc., and access to many more photos than the paid version. I use this every single day! They have a ton of templates to speed the process, and a diverse range of what you can create!
She Bold is a stock photo site by a BIPOC business owner, incorporating photos of herself within lifestyle and business environments. Very generous with volume of photos and attempts to offer a variety of color scheme and varied themes. She also provides monthly content planners and various templates helpful for online business owners to increase effciency and speed for e-books, social media templates and more! Recently added stock videos as well! Frequently asks for our input on types of assets we need.
Stock photo source – no attribution required; all photos are free. Great variety of photos to select from. In addition to She Bold, this is my main photo source, in addition to my own photos..
- Do you recommend various merchants and services to friends and business associates? Want to earn money for your referral? Many businesses will pay you a small commission as a thank you for your referral.
They have an online design space with countless fonts and designs available for purchase, and they also have machines that will cut those fonts and designs onto a variety of products – not just paper! So many uses, business and personal! Perfect for the product-based creative owner who wants to make wood signs, personalized, text-based or graphic gifts on a variety of product types. The new Maker 3 does it ALL!
To be successful in business, organization is essential! This link will take you to their Planners page. This is just one of many options on their website, including desk planners and wall planners, many of which you can tailor to your interests. This is just one source among countless other planners available online, but I have found their products to be quality & full of variety for a fair price point and often substantial sales.
Additional Resources you may be familiar with:
The ability to write effectively with succinct clarity, purpose and authenticity is essential.
- Grammarly.com Grammarly is a Chrome extension that provides tips for improving your writing, and catching errors in your spelling, grammar and style. This is helpful for leaders, entrepreneurs and students of all ages to support polished, professional writing. They offer both a free version, and a paid version.
- State Department of Revenue – Educate yourself on tax requirements for your state. This link is to the State of Minnesota.
- Secretary of State – Information regarding establishing a business name, legal requirements and other business related information – this link will take you to the Secretary of State for Minnesota. You can simply do a search for your state.
- Small Business Administration – A multitude of resources and information about starting a business, hiring and retaining employees.
- LinkedIn Follow thought leaders – countless articles & groups available. Great source for lead generation for your online business!
- Pinterest – Numerous boards provide continued learning opportunities, online training programs, infographics and inspiration. This also serves as an outstanding method to create traffic as part of your funnel-building strategy.