Resources & ToolsHere are links to some of my favorite resources and tools
This page is devoted to you! It is set up to support you with resources that complement your continued learning with Diane Kubes Leadership Circle, and tools that you may find useful in your daily work. Some are free, or offer limited trials, and others are resources that do require a fee.
If the link is an affiliate, I will identify it as such. I do not recommend any sites unless I have personally used them and/or have familiarity/knowledge of them and know they offer value. Your trust in me and your success are incredibly important!
The ability to speak confidently and write effectively with succinct clarity, purpose and authenticity is essential for leadership roles.
- Grammarly.com Grammarly is a Chrome extension that provides tips for improving your writing, and catching errors in your spelling, grammar and style. This is helpful for leaders, entrepreneurs and students of all ages to support polished, professonal writing for all your business needs. They offer both a free version, and a paid version.
- Writer’s Digest I have purchased many books and a couple writing courses over the years, to fuel my writing passion. They offer a tremendous amount of writing resources for both new and inexperienced to more accomplished writers.
- toastmasters I have not personally participated in Toastmasters, but I have personal experience with colleagues and friends that have. If fear of public speaking or presentations in front of others gets you feeling squeamish with sweaty palms and thumping heart rate, this may be just the resource for you!
- Masterwriter.com This is an online reference and tool that creative writers may find value with exploring. I did purchase a subscription with them. They have a helpful tool that offers a user friendly interface.
Leadership and Supervision
Resources to support learning about screening, hiring, legal considerations, training, coaching, team building, organization and time management, the principles of effective leadership including empowerment, delegation, relationship building and more. These are all mastered through experience (trial and error!) and with continued learning.
- PInterest – Numerous boards provide continued learning opportunities, online training programs, infographics and inspiration.
- Small Business Administration – A multitude of resources and information about starting a business, hiring and retaining employees.
- LinkedIn Subscribe to various group boards; follow thought leaders – countless articles available.
Graphics and Marketing
Graphics software offers an opportunity to create organizational and time management tools, employee recognition awards, and compelling presentations and marketing materials to promote your business, project or employment hiring advertisements.
- Pic Monkey Online graphics software with a free trial and a choice of paid versions. User friendly with multiple uses!
- Canva Online graphics software with free and paid versions including both free and paid stock images -or upload your own.
- Pixabay Stock photo source
- Unsplash Stock photo source
- Pexels Stock photo source
Business Development & Credibility
Whether you are an established business or a new entrepreneur, having an online presence is essential for success; it offers an opportunity for brand recognition and can enhance credibility. It provides an outlet for advertising your services or products and garnering new customers through focused efforts for ongoing traffic.
- Siteground – My preferred domain registration and website hosting service. They provide outstanding customer service, including migration from old host to new if you have an existing website already that you want to transfer. The hosting plans offer a substantial reduced rate for the first 3 years; loyalty pays off! If you sign up for hosting with them using this link, I will receive 2 free months of hosting service. A great rate with fast, reliable hosting services and helpful customer service for you; and a perk for me! Let me know if you need any help or have questions that I can support you to resolve; you may Contact Me here!
- Mail Chimp – Email management service with both free and paid versions.
- Screencastify – This is a screen recorder for you to record your desktop, web cam, etc. – narrate with your microphone. All online-no software needed as it a Chrome extension – with both Free and Paid versions. You can record off line and upload to Google Drive or You Tube. It is very user friendly to learn and use (even I figured it out easily!) Cost: $0 -$2. per month. If you choose the premium version, using this link, I will receive $5. (at no additional cost to you.) However, the free version provides great value if you don’t mind the time limits and their logo branding on your finished recording.
- LinkedIn – Establish a professional presence, develop connections and increase credibility as an expert in your field
- Facebook – A social media platform to build community, market your services and build brand recognition
- Instagram -A social media platform to build community, market your services and build brand recognition
- Pinterest – A social media platform to build community, market your services and build brand recognition, access resources
- Twitter -A social media platform to build community, market your services and build brand recognition
- Google – Incredible portfolio of tools to support your business development, growth, and analytics
- Small Business Administration – A wealth of resources pertaining to business development to ensure you are registered and set up legally, as well as information to support your success as a business owner.
- State Department of Revenue – Educate yourself on tax requirements for your state. This link is to the State of Minnesota.
- Secretary of State – Information regarding establishing a business name, legal requirements and other business related information – this link will take you to the Secretary of State for Minnesota. You can simply do a search for your state.
- LisaFraley.com – Legal Coaching for entrepreneurs and small business owners.